Home Cooking Meets FoodTV
These are wonderful holiday cookies and is one of five recipes chosen to be published in the Las Vegas Review Journal . Starting with a basic sugar cookie dough I added two of my favorites, pecans and cherries and of course for the rest of the family they had to have chocolate. I’ll be posting more variations soon!
Chocolate Dipped Pecan and Cherry Cookies
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter softened
3 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
3/4 cup chopped dried cherries
1 cup melted chocolate
1 cup melted white chocolate
1. Mix powdered sugar, butter, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate. Dough will be thick, but should not be dry.
2. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a log about 3 inches in diameter and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 375ºF.
4. Remove rolls from refrigerator and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
5. Place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 10-15 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
7. Microwave chocolate until melted starting with 30 seconds and checking at 15 second intervals.
8. Dip and/or drizzle cooled cookies in white, dark or mixed chocolates (if the chocolate is too thick, add a small amount of corn syrup or vegetable oil to thin).